Friday, January 15, 2010

The Lovely Bones.



328 pages later I finally finished The Lovely Bones, let me tell you, I bought this book last April at Value Village for 3.99 and i didn't expect too much from it. At the time I wasn't aware that it was a best seller and It took me quite awhile to get into it, which is obvious, April 09 to January 2010. I do admit when I saw that they were making the novel into a movie, It kinda got me a bit more interested, of course once I did begin reading it as if I was Susie Salmon myself, I really saw why it was a national best seller. The Lovely Bones is such a touching story, you don't understand how much you feel and relate to these characters until you've completely finished the book. It seems to work that way, for me at least. I'm hoping the movie is half as good as the book, seeing as it's the guy that made Lord of the Rings ( Peter Jackson )... even though it's always difficult converting such a marvellous novel into a film, I kinda have faith in this one. I will be watching it later today, so I will keep you updated! & if you have a 'must read' list for 2010 I suggest you have The Lovely Bones on it.

-xoxo, aksana.

No comments:

Post a Comment