Monday, December 14, 2009

Bah, humbug.


I am amazed at how intense people are around the holidays. Working at the mall is making me realize how crazy it really is, it's seriously like a sport. I hate it. I hate that it takes me half an hour to get to a store, only because the shopping centre is infested by the shopping crazies. I hate that almost everything gets stolen. I hate that I take it personally when something gets stolen. I hate that Christmas isn't even about Christ anymore, hence the CHRIST in (christ)mas. Even if those are not your beliefs, Christmas is not supposed to be about expensive things, theft, or a time to be greedy. It's about love, giving, and happiness. I hate that I hate things around Christmas. Long days working at Metrotown Mall can do a lot to a girl. No joke.

Even with all the references to the things I hate around this time of year, there are still so many wonderful things that over power the bad. I just needed to get that out. Hope everyone is well, and shopping with lots of love. God bless & merry ALMOST christmas.

-xoxo, aksana

Ps. My next post (closer to Christmas) will be about the happy times during the holidays. I promise. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment